Details on Services Offered:
Typically 3 hours, depending on daylight available. May include towed- or tandem- instruction. Taught to the USPPA Syllabus. courses cover:
- Safety – how to keep your fingers and your life!
- Ground School – taught in an air-conditioned conference room.
- Ground Handling – 90% of the skill required to fly is ground handling.
- Flight Training – from your first solo to your first few flights, have an experienced voice in your ear.
- Motor Maintenance – preventative and restorative, with an emphasis on the preventative.
- Aviation Law – FAR 103: How to have fun without messing it up for the rest of us.
3 free lessons with wing purchase
- Typical beginner/intermediate wing is approximately $3200. SPF carries wings from MacPara, Dudek, Ozone, Air Design, and Niviuk.
3 free lessons with motor purchase
An approximately 30 minute flight with an instructor. You will have an opportunity to pilot the wing. Passenger subject to weight and fitness requirement– Passengers must: weigh 185 pounds or less and be capable of running for a few seconds. Please read the Tandem Flight Procedure for instructions and sample videos.
Summer 2018 Scheduled PPG Training
- 9-day classes through the summer:
- Sorry, there were only a few spots, and they sold out!
- 9-day course covering Safety, Ground School, Flight Training, Motor Maintenance, and Aviation Law.
- No prior experience or equipment is required. The School of Personal Flight will provide all the necessary equipment and education.
- Discounts available if you already have a USPPA (PPG1) or USHPA (P1, P2, etc.) rating.
- Taught to the USPPA Syllabus
No sales or use tax is charged for paramotors and parts in Maine per Maine Tax Exemption 88-A